HARPERS FERRY, W.Va, Sept. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Throughout the month of October, the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) will be showcasing the film Appalachian Impressions in 15 cities nationwide, as part of their 2013 membership drive, called A Journey of 2,000 Miles: the Appalachian Trail . The organization has set a goal to gain the support of 2,180 new members, one new member for each mile of the Appalachian Trail (A.T.).
The film Appalachian Impressions is an epic story about hiking the A.T. from Georgia to Maine. The program takes viewers on a six-month, 2,180-mile journey along the world’s most famous long-distance hiking Trail. It captures the essence of this historic pathway, its interesting characters, beautiful scenery and the generous spirit found in small town America.
Each city will feature guest speakers including authors, volunteers, members of the A.T. community, and 2,000-milers (those who have hiked the entire A.T.). Guests will hear their stories and have the chance to win prizes. Each admission comes with a one year membership to the ATC. Children thirteen and under are admitted free.
“The Appalachian Trail Conservancy is excited to host this membership drive as it offers an unique opportunity to connect communities with the Appalachian Trail”, said Javier Folgar, director of marketing and communications at the ATC.
- October 2, New Haven, CT
- October 3, Boston, MA
- October 4, Front Royal, VA
- October 9, Cincinnati, OH
- October 10, Washington, DC
- October 17, Philadelphia, PA
- October 18, Franklin, NC
- October 20, Pawling, NY
- October 20, Erwin, TN
- October 23, Raleigh, NC
- October 24, Charlotte, NC
- October 26, Atlanta, GA
- October 26, Hot Springs, NC
- October 29, Carlisle, PA
- October 30, Tampa, FL
- Watch the film Appalachian Impressions in theaters
- Several guest speakers including a 2,000 miler
- 1-Year Membership to the ATC
- Free Admission for kids
- Win cool prizes
- Subscription to A.T. Journeys Magazine
- Make new friends in the Outdoor Community
- Much more!
- Major sponsors include Alliance Hospitality Management, Denali, Eagles Nest Outfitters, Gregory Mountain Products and Len Foote Hike Inn.
For more information about this membership drive or to reserve your seat, visit: www.appalachiantrail.org/journey. Enter promo code PRATC13 for $5 off each ticket.
SOURCE Appalachian Trail Conservancy
About the ATC
The ATC preserves and manages the A.T. – ensuring that its vast natural beauty and priceless cultural heritage can be shared and enjoyed today, tomorrow, and for centuries to come.