Trips Include Italy, Whistler, Austria & More
BOSTON—The Boston Ski & Sports Club (BSSC), New England’s largest recreational sports association, has announced its winter ski vacation schedule, which includes national and international trips to experience some of the world’s best skiing. They have also announced The Blizzard, the official kickoff party to New England’s ski season. BSSC’s ski day trips will be announced at The Blizzard.
This year’s ski/ride getaways schedule includes:
• Le Massif/Quebec City (Canada) (December 29 – January 1, 2013): Ring in the New Years with a European-style weekend away filled with parties, sightseeing, and adventures like snow tubing and skiing. Plus, there’s tobogganing, ice-skating, shopping, fine dining, dog-sledding, city tours and much more right in town!
• Madonna di Campiglio, Italy (January 26 – February 3, 2013): Ski the Number 1 resort in Italy. This is the largest ski resort in the Dolomites and its altitude and glaciers make ski conditions snow safe. Enjoy fabulous skiing, food, ambiance and nightlife!
• Whistler/Blackcomb, BC (Canada) (February 2-9, 2013): Enjoy the Number 1 Rated North America resort, staying steps from the lifts in a village with two major mountains, miles of terrain for all levels, trees, chutes, bowls, bumps and long groomed cruisers.
• St. Anton, Austria (February 15 – 23, 2013): Ski the most beautiful and diverse ski runs in the Alps for one of the BSSC travel director’s favorite trips! The varied terrain allows for skiing for all levels. Aside from skiing, enjoy nightlife and apres ski, toboggan runs and quaint villages.
• Aspen/Snowmass, CO (March 2 – 9, 2013): Visit arguably the best-know ski resort in the world in style. Lift tickets for four of the best mountains in Colorado are interchangeable and connected by shuttle. Aspen is a short trip away for nightlife and après skiing.
• Big Sky/Moonlight Basin, CO (March 13 – 20, 2013): Ski a combined 5500 acres and 4350 vertical feet of pure bliss at the “Biggest Skiing in America.” Lift lines are virtually non-existent and slopes are uncrowded, giving you free reign to experience the toughest extreme skiing in the US to gentle cruisers, trees, bumps and open bowls. Yellowstone National Park is nearby and a tour is available.
BSSC also offers ski weekends and daytrips at mountains throughout New England. The existing ski/ride schedule is as follows:
· Dec 7-9 Sugarloaf, ME Demo Weekend
· Dec 14-16 Mt Washington Hotel/Bretton Woods, NH
· Jan 11-13 Sugarloaf, ME
· Jan 18-20 Jay Peak, VT; MLK
· Jan 25-27 Sunday River, ME
· Feb 8-10 Stowe, VT
· Feb 15-17 Sunday River, ME
· Feb 22-24 Sugarloaf, ME
· March 8-10 Sugarloaf, ME
· March 15-17 Lake Placid, Canada
· March 29-31 Sugarbush, VT
· April 5-7 Sunday River, ME; Parrot Head
Additional trips will be announced at The Blizzard on Wednesday, November 7th. BSSC will announce their 2013 ski/ride day trip schedule, season partners and new Snowcial events at the BSSC Blizzard 11/7/2012 at Royale, Boston.