DENVER, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — From the ESPN Winter X Games 17 at Buttermilk Mountain to the cross-country ski race Alley Loop at Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Colorado visitors will find endless event entertainment on the slopes this winter. For more information, visit www.colorado.com.
Watch From the Sidelines
- Ski and Snowboardcross Cup (Dec. 12 – 15, 2012) Teams from around the world will start their march to the 2014 Sochi Olympics in Telluride.
- Dew Tour (Dec. 13 – 16, 2012) Top ski and snowboard athletes compete in freeski and snowboard superpipe, Big Air, and slopestyle events in Breckenridge.
- Sprint U.S. Grand Prix (Jan. 7 – 12, 2013) Top freeskiers and snowboarders battle on Copper Mountain.
- Budweiser International Snow Sculpture Championships (Jan. 22 – 26, 2013) Sixteen teams will test their skills, hand-carving 12-foot-tall, 20-ton blocks of snow into works of art in Breckenridge.
- ESPN Winter X Games 17 (Jan. 24 – 27, 2013) The world’s best skiing, snowboarding and snowmobile athletes will compete in Aspen for some of action sports’ most coveted medals.
- 22nd Annual Extreme Freeskiing Championships (Feb. 6 – 10, 2013) Crested Butte Mountain Resort challenges the best skiers and riders to take crazy runs down epic mountain terrain.
- U.S. Telemark National Championships (Feb. 22 – 24, 2013) Racers telemark ski through GS gates, over jumps and stake uphill at Steamboat Resort.
Get in the Action
- 18th Annual Ouray Ice Festival (Jan. 10 – 13, 2013) Guests can witness and partake in ice climbing competitions, demonstrations, clinics, guided climbs and more.
- Winter Park SnowDash (Jan. 26, 2013) Racers climb over cargo nets, run uphill, crawl through powder pits, and dart up steep terrain in this 5k race.
- 27th Annual Alley Loop Nordic Race (Feb. 2, 2013) Cross-country skiers race through alleys, over bridges and past downtown homes in Crested Butte’s signature race.
- Winter Mountain Games Presented by Eddie Bauer (Feb. 8 – 10, 2013) Professional and amateur athletes will compete in ice climbing, mountain cyclocross, Big Air, and more in Vail.
- Twin Lakes Ice Fishing Derby (Feb. 16 – 17, 2013) Anglers compete for prizes at the Leadville Rod & Gun Club event.
- Kayaks on Snow (April 6, 2013) Contestants race down a course with multiple barriers and finish in an icy pond at Monarch Mountain.
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office