From Vermont’s highly recognizable brands like Cabot Cheese, Ben & Jerry’s and Vermont maple syrup to local goodies like Stir Chocolates and It’s Arthur’s Fault sauces; enjoy all the flavors of Vermont during the Ski Vermont 2015 Specialty Food Day tour. Ski Vermont and the Agency of Agriculture welcome skiers and riders to join us on the tour and sample and purchase local foods while enjoying Vermont’s slopes.
“What could be better than skiing and riding into the base area and finding local Vermont goodies to sample,” said Sarah Wojcik of Ski Vermont. “We are excited to kick off another great specialty food tour in 2015 and showcase some of Vermont’s best products together.”
Specialty Food Days for 2015 are scheduled for:
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015: Mad River Glen Resort’s Roll Back the Clock Day
- Friday, January 30, 2015: Jay Peak Resort’s Farmer Appreciation Day
- Saturday, February 7, 2015: Bromley Mountain
- Sunday, February 8, 2015: Magic Mountain
- Saturday, February 14, 2015: Middlebury College Snow Bowl’s Winter Carnival
- Tuesday, February 17, 2015: Smugglers’ Notch Resort
- Saturday, February 21, 2015: Quechee Ski Area
- Sunday, February 22, 2015: Pico Mountain
- Saturday February 28, 2015: Sugarbush Resort
- Saturday March 14, 2015: Killington Resort
- Sunday, March 15, 2015: Bolton Valley
- Saturday, March 21, 2015: Okemo Mountain Resort
- Sunday, March 29, 2014: Stratton Mountain Resort
Returning Vermont food vendors include: Cabot Cheese, Vermont Maple Syrup Makers Association, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, Keurig Green Mountain coffee, Kimball Brook Farms chocolate milk, Gringo Jack’s chips and salsa, Liz Lovely Cookies, Vermont Spirits, Cedar Hollow Farms cheese and spreads, and It’s Arthur’s Fault sauces. New vendors include Stir Chocolates, Ambrosia Confections, Perfect Balance drink mixes and Long Trail Brewing.
Ski Vermont (Vermont Ski Areas Association) is a proud ambassador of the thriving winter tourism industry in Vermont, where the legislature has designated skiing and snowboarding as the official state sports. Vermont is not only the #1 ski state in the east and third in the US, but also reigns supreme in snowmaking quality and coverage, variety of terrain and historical impact on the sports of skiing and snowboarding – making it one of the most significant ski and ride destinations in the world. Ski Vermont’s mission is to help create a legislative, economic and social environment in which the state’s ski areas can grow and prosper. It serves its 20 Alpine and 30 Nordic member resorts in three major areas: Governmental Affairs, Marketing and Public Affairs.