WATERVILLE VALLEY, New Hampshire — Waterville Valley has spent over $600,000 this summer on key snowmaking and grooming projects to bring our guest’s on-mountain winter experience to an even higher level for 09-10. Here’s a quick look:
- Forty new low energy tower guns have been installed on White Caps and the Chute to ensure earlier and more expansive snowmaking in the early season.
- A new Prinoth 350 Snow Cat has been added to the resort’s extensive fleet for nightly grooming and for park maintenance.
- Snowboarders will find a new line up of rails and boxes in Exhibition Park created by Luke Mathison. The resort will continue its popular signature features program including the Oakley Hubba and new Fuel-TV Skateledge.
- Waterville’s investment in online technology continues with the addition of online rentals. To get out on the slopes faster, ski and snowboard equipment can now be reserved at waterville.com if purchased 48 hours in advance. Skiers and riders can also continue to buy lift tickets for $10 off if purchased 48 hours in advance at waterville.com.
- A new Sport Thoma Retail Accessories Shop will open on the main floor of the base lodge, next to “Everything Waterville”. It will be stocked with handwarmers, goggles, gloves and hats.
- The Waterville Valley Snowboard Rental Shop has been fixed up with updated snowboard set-up stations to get riders out on their Burton boards even faster.
Thanks to the mountain’s high elevation, Waterville Valley is always one of the first to start up the snowguns and plans to open Sat., November 21. The 09-10 Events Calendar kicks off opening day with the Rome Pre-jib snowboard rail event followed by the Northern Lights Celebration over Thanksgiving Weekend in Town Square. Go to www.waterville.com for a full events schedule.