January is Learn A Snowsport Month
PRINCETON, Ma. – Wachusett Mountain Ski Area joins hundreds of resorts across 34 different states to promote National Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month this January. The annual initiative is led by World Class extreme skier and spokesman Glen Plake, who promotes the lifelong benefits of having fun and being outside in the winter months. With all the excitement surrounding the January initiative this is the perfect time to give snow sports a try. For the month, Wachusett has 2 special offers for new skiers or snowboarders:
1. Earn a FREE Lunch – Wachusett Mountain will be offering a special “lunch on us” promotion for anyone who signs up for a 3-day Learn to Turn Package. Wachusett will treat you to lunch on your first day with a FREE $10 Coupon to use in our cafeteria! (Valid for 3-Day LTT purchased between 1/1/2012 and 1/31/2012) This $199 package is for anyone ages 6 and older and can be used any three days. It includes lessons, rentals and beginner lift ticket. Anyone who completes the 3-day package will also earn Free Rentals! – Complimentary Rental Equipment SEASON PASS ($199 value); Lift Ticket Discounts! – 3 more visit ANYTIME this season for only $64.50; Mountainside Essentials Discounts! 20% on the purchase of gloves, hats, goggles, socks & neck warmers.
If 3-days is not for you, Wachusett also offers 1 and 2-day Learn to Turn Packages at $89 and $139, all including lessons, rentals and lift tickets. Once you realize just how much fun you are having, you will be able to upgrade to a 3 day packages before you leave for the day and still earn a Free Lunch.
2. Win a Trip to Utah — Anyone who brings a friend to learn to ski or snowboard at Wachusett during the month can also be entered to win a FREE 4-day ski trip for 2 to Utah. Once newcomers have completed their lesson program they simply upload the lesson receipt, and write a 100-word synopsis of their learning experience with other information- like who introduced them to the snow. Entries will be entered into a drawing for a four-day trip to Utah for two (newcomer and current participant) including an opportunity to ski (or snowboard) with an editor from SKI magazine. The promotion begins on January 1, 2012 and runs through January 31, 2012. Consumers must be at least 18 years old to qualify. Winners will be notified by mid-February. You must be at least 18 years old to enter. Visit www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org for more details.
Located just one-hour from Boston and offering numerous public transportation options, such as train and bus services, it is easy to get to Wachusett. Visit online at www.wachusett.com for Beginner Package information and a great video on what to expect once you arrive at the front door. “Rest assured that your every need will be attended to on your first day – from putting on your boots to making your very first turn,” said Bruce McDonald, Snow Sports Director. “Our experienced instructors will make your experience so enjoyable that you can’t help but head home proud of your accomplishments and eager to come see us again soon!”
Wachusett Mountain Highlights Safety Programs During Safety Week January 14-22
PRINCETON, Ma. – While Wachusett Mountain Ski Area promotes skier and snowboarder safety throughout the winter season, the mountain has added several fun new ways to encourage safe skiing and riding during National Safety Week January 14-22.
– Helmet Head Photo Contest – throughout the week, anyone who submits a photo of their wild hair after taking off their helmet to Wachusett’s Facebook page will be eligible to win a $50 Card of Wachusett (COW) gift card.
– Safety Video Contest – throughout the week, skiers and snowboarders can also shoot their own safety video showing The Responsibility Code. The winning video will be aired on Wachusett’s Facebook site and also receive a $50 Card of Wachusett (COW) gift card.
– Safety Poster Contest – during the weekends of Jan. 14-15 and Jan. 21-22, children visiting the mountain will have an opportunity to draw their own safety poster showing one of the seven primary rules of The Responsibility Code. They will be entered to win great prizes and the winning poster will be drawn on February 22 and submitted to the National Ski Areas Association.
– Know the Code Contest – Throughout Safety Week, Wachusett’s Ski Patrol and Rangers will be randomly stopping skiers and riders throughout the week and asking if they know the code. If the skier or rider can recite 3 of the 7 responsibility codes he or she will win a free hot chocolate. If the person can rattle them all off they will receive an awesome prize!!
– MTNSide Ski & Ride Safety Specials – The MTNSide Ski & Ride Shop will feature $10 binding safety checks January 17 and January 19 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The shop will also feature a Helmet & Goggle Sale throughout the week from January 14-19 – receive 15% off when a helmet and goggles are purchased together (exclusing Oakley goggles).
– Terrain Park Safety Program – Wachusett’s Terrain Park Safety Program is goes throughout the season. Any skier or snowboarder who uses the terrain park must watch a safety video and take a brief safety test and the park waiver to receive a pass to enter the park. The goal is to increase safety in the park by making sure those using the park have the skill and knowledge to navigate the park safely. The park pass can be purchased either online at Wachusett.com or in person.
For more details on safety week, visit www.wachusett.com .