MAD RIVER VALLEY, Vermont — Premier slopeside lodging??В¦an exclusive table??В¦riding up for the only CAT skiing in the Northeast??В¦massages, great “gimmes,” and much, much, more. All the perks that money can’t buy will be enjoyed by one lucky winner of the Mad River Valley’s Ultimate Ski Vacation Sweepstakes, running from now through March 8, 2009. The first-ever contest of its kind, the Ultimate Ski Vacation offers a fully-loaded, off-the-Richter scale, escape of a lifetime for two, as the Grand prize of a special promotion that heralds the enormous diversity of attractions and diversions available in Vermont’s Mad River Valley, recently named one of “America’s best ski towns” by Travel & Leisure Magazine.
The web-based Sweepstakes, sponsored by the Mad River Valley Chamber of Commerce, was designed to invite visitors to the Mad River Valley’s refreshed website, www.madrivervalley.com ??вЂњ and to showcase how the Mad River Valley, with its four villages, two kick-ass ski mountains, shops, restaurants, and dozens of things to do, adds up to the ultimate destination for winter travelers no matter what their agendas include. The Chamber’s members banded together to provide the enormous wealth of offerings that afforded not just a spectacular Grand Prize, but also weighty First and Second Prizes.
A focal point of the prize for many will be the Cabin Cat Adventure. New this year at Sugarbush, a 12-passenger luxury cabin cat equipped with a flat screen TV and cushy seats, now escorts guests up for rare on-mountain opportunities such as first tracks, sunset groomer rides, powder-day perks, remote fireside dining and more. The “Lincoln Limo” as it’s dubbed, makes the resort the only one in the Eastern U.S. to offer cat-serviced opportunities.
“The Mad River Valley has a longstanding reputation as a place where people can still find that authentic ???ski town vibe,'” says Jim Robertson, Sugarbush’s Director of Sales. “With perks from CAT skiing to lunch with the locals, this promotion points up the sheer enormity of stuff to see and do here, as well as the fact that we’re always going to be that place that kicks convention to the curb. For true enthusiasts ??вЂњ or for anyone craving an original experience ??вЂњ the appeal in that is enormous.”
Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the Sweepstakes end date. Submissions can be completed online and no purchase is required. Prizes must be claimed by valid redemption dates of March 20-27, 2009 only and include:
Grand Prize (ONE WINNER)
The ultimate luxury of an all-expense paid week for two featuring:
- CAT Skiing at Sugarbush!
A “free ride” on Sugarbush’s brand new 12-passenger luxury cabin CAT!
- 7 Nights in a Luxury Condo
A Premier Clay Brook slopeside condo at Sugarbush, loaded with high-end amenities.
- 6-Day “Ski the Valley” Pass
Two week-long passes to ski any or all the three mountains and one Cross Country Center (Sugarbush’s Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen, Mad River Glen and Ole’s Cross-Country Ski Center).
- High-end Demo Equipment
All your gear for two is “gimmes” while you’re on The Ultimate Ski Vacation.
- 4 Exclusive Dinners-for-2 (Excluding tax, tip and alcohol).
– At Timbers, an upscale, slopeside dining experience featuring seasonal, local and organic ingredients and fireside apr??s ski.
– At the Millbrook Restaurant, where fine country gourmet cuisine is crafted from the freshest natural ingredients.
– At Terra Rossa Ristorante, where diners taste a bit of Tuscany with dishes created in their signature 20′ wood burning stone oven.
– At American Flatbread, attached to the Lareau Farm Country Inn, where a preferred table lends a front-row seat on bakers and cooks as they prepare meals to order.
- 1 Lunch-for-2 at the Warren Store Deli
Here, deli chefs offer an eclectic mix of down-home cooking, regional cuisine, and worldly flavor.
- Fresh Flower Bouquet from Blue Toad Florist gracing their Clay Brook condo upon the winner’s arrival.
- 60 Minute Couples Massage at Mad River Massage
Nirvana on earth??вЂќfor two??вЂќthrough an incredible therapeutic massage.
- Guided Naturalist Program
A personalized, guided outing led by an experienced environmental educator.
First prize (ONE WINNER)
- 2 nights in a Romantic Country Inn + 2-Day “Ski the Valley” Pass
Midweek lodging for two at the romantic Yellow Farmhouse Inn in Waitsfield (excluding tax, tip), plus, two, two-day “Ski the Valley” passes.
Second prize (FIVE WINNERS)
- A pair of 2-Day “Ski the Valley” Passes
Five different winners??вЂќgo big with a pair of two day mid-week “Ski the Valley” tickets.
With a total approximate value of $6,000.00 this is the one sweepstakes no one can afford to miss. For more information on the Mad river Valley’s Ultimate Ski Vacation, including official rules, please visit www.madrivervalley.com/contests/uap/