CONCORD, New Hampshire ??вЂќ The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation announces rate and fee increases in New Hampshire State Parks. Today the Fiscal Committee approved a comprehensive fee package for the Division.
The following is a breakdown of camping and recreation rates and fee changes:
Reserved Camping Fees
- Camping fees 20% increase.
- Increase youth group reservation fees from $13.00 to $25.00, and increase per person charge from $2.00 to $5.00. At Umbagog, youth groups will decrease from $7.00 to $5.00.
- Reservation fee increase from $3.00 to $5.00.
- Charge $5.00 for premium campground sites during peak season periods.
Recreation (Day) Use Fees
- Seacoast fees for parking and boat launch will increase by 25%.
- Abolish dual fee system at seacoast areas.
- Charge day use fee of $1.00 per child, age 6-12, accompanied by paying adult.
State Historic Sites
- Raise fees from $3.00 to $7.00 for adults at state historic sites.
- Charge a fee of $3.00 per child, age 6-17.
- Charge $1.00 per child and $3.00 per adult for school groups visiting during school year.
- Abolish fees for the Mt. Washington Summit Museum and Tip Top House.
Other Recreation Fees
- No change in fee structures for The Flume, Hampton Meters, Bus Pass Program, or for special use fees at State Park pavilions and group use areas.
The Division of Parks and Recreation has recommended that the legislature study revenue collection at trailheads in Franconia Notch State Park and Crawford Notch State Park.
The NH Division of Parks and Recreation is a division of the Department of Resources and Economic Development. For more information about N.H. State Parks, please call 603/271-3556 or visit the website www.nhstateparks.org.