JAY, Vermont ??вЂќ Jay Peak Resort offers skiers and riders an extremely liberal in-boundary skiing policy in comparison to other mountains. But to ensure safety and fun for those who venture into their glade system, they’ve developed helpful glade tips and guidelines. Consider it advice from the locals.
These simple guidelines for glades skiing are designed for safety but that won’t hamper any fun. These guidelines are printed on the trail map, but basically they are:
- The woods are for expert skiers
- The woods should be skied in groups of at least three.
- Do not go into the woods after 3 p.m.
- Woods are not open, closed or marked.
- Skiers cannot go under or around ropes and fences to ski the woods.
- Boundary woods can lead you away from Jay Peak.
More information on Jay’s Glade Tips as well as their Smart Style advice for safety in their parks is available in the Glades and Parks section at www.JayPeakResort.com.