HANCOCK, Massachusetts — nextXsnow Search presented by Sports Illustrated for Kids will be held at Jiminy Peak on Saturday January 20, 2007. Skiers and snowboarders born between 1993 and 1998 (ages 9 – 13 sometime during 2007) are eligible to compete to win a trip to Killington, VT for a chance to win the finals of nextXsnow Search.
The Sports Illustrated For Kids Next Snow Search, is a national talent search to find young athletes who best represent the next generation of extreme skiers and snowboarders. The finals will be held in Killington, VT March 2-4, 2007.
Factors such as community involvement and grades will gain bonus points for competitors. Additional points will be earned by finishing a modified GS race and a Slopestyle Challenge. The Slopestyle Challenge consists of two runs through the terrain park, subjectively judged Jiminy Peak’s SnowSports School. Criteria for judging the Slopestyle Challenge are based on style and execution rather than size of air or extreme nature of tricks. Competitors are not required to compete in both aspects of the competition but those who do may compete for the chance to move on to the finals. Those who compete in only one portion of the competition will compete for individual honors.
The winner of Jiminy Peak’s nextXsnow search event will win:
- Entry for the athlete into the competition at Killington
- Four nights lodging at Killington (March 1-4, 2007) for the competitor and parent(s), one room, two beds
- Four day’s lift tickets at Killington for one parent and one child during the SEARCH finals
- Admission for one parent and one child into all activities, parties, and other events that are part of the SEARCH finals. Reduced rates for lift tickets and parties are available for additional family members
Requirements for eligibility:
- Athletes must be born in the years 1993-98 (kids who will be 9-13 during 2007). A birth certificate, passport or other legal proof of birth date will be required at the Killington event.
- Parents or legal guardians must complete an application, and sign the approved liability and model releases in order to participate. All contestants must wear helmets during on-snow ski/snowboard events, including practice. No inverted aerials at any time, including practice, or at any time during the nextXsnow Search.
- Participants at the Killington event must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult who has been given legal authority and responsibility for the athlete at all times during the Killington event. Participants must be able to ski or ride Coyote Ridge – a black diamond trail.
For more information and to register visit the events page at www.jiminypeak.com or contact [email]email@example.com[/email] or (413) 738-5500 ext. 3060.
Jiminy Peak is the premier four-season resort in the Berkshires, and Southern New England’s largest ski and snowboard resort.