HENNIKER, New Hampshire ??вЂќ Pats Peak, New Hampshire’s premier family snowsports destination, is pleased to participate in the National Ski Areas Association’s (NSAA) seventh annual National Safety Awareness Week, part of the Heads Up Safety Initiative and sponsored by Mountain Dew, January 14-20, 2006.
National Safety Awareness Week campaign was created in 1999 as an opportunity for skier/riders to gain a better understanding of the “Your Responsibility Code”, the seven rules of the slopes.
Pats Peak National Safety Awareness Week Activities Include:
- Kids’ Safety Poster Contest with designs based on “Your Responsibility Code”.
- Kids’ Safety Posters will be hung in the base lodge and a winner will be chosen and submitted to NSAA for the national contest.
- Pats Peak Fun Squad will conduct quizzes with kids based on “Your Responsibility Code”. Correct answers will receive a complimentary Hot Chocolate.
- Pats Peak Fun Squad will target safety messages in their kids’ activities.
- A safety message will be posted on the Pats Peak daily Snow Reports throughout the week.
- For more information on National Safety Awareness Week at Pats Peak, check out www.patspeak.com/safetyweek.htm.