ALTOONA, Pa., Jan. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — This winter, The Alleghenies features winter lodging packages for the hardy outdoor enthusiast with family-friendly skiing (downhill and cross-country) and snowshoeing or if the warmth of the indoors is more to your liking an escape to a luxury resort or sports package may be what you’re looking for.
“The Alleghenies winter packages encompass the beauty of the outdoors, quaint lodging and the opportunity to unlock our rich history, heritage, arts and cultural experiences,” said Adrienne Eichenlaub, Regional Tourism Program Manager, The Alleghenies.
Here are a few winter lodging getaways:
Blue Knob All Seasons Resort
Stay & Ski $69 Package* ($69/person per day based on double occupancy)
– A two-night condo rental with a fully equipped kitchen and fireplace
– Two days of unlimited skiing from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
– Access to the pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas
– Bedford/Breezewood Region
– Omni Bedford Springs
– Walk Through History* ($314 per night)
Includes a room in the historic wing, guided tour, historic book and a three-course dinner (including gratuity).
Also enjoy taking a dip in the heated mineral springs-fed indoor pool
Dillweed Bed & Breakfast
Cabin Fever Month* (January)
– Escape the winter chill with a relaxing educational retreat
– Stay two nights get the second night free, breakfast included
– Experience the local heritage of the region at the nearby Heritage Discover Center and the Johnstown Flood Museum
– Juniata Region/McConnellsburg Region
– Look for upcoming lodging packages in these regions of The Alleghenies. In the meantime, there is a world of exciting winter recreation activities awaiting from cross-country/downhill skiing to ice fishing, ice skating, sledding and even snowmobiling. For more information click here.
Laurel Highlands Region
Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Winter Family Memories Package* ($298/adult based on double occupancy and up to two children age 11 and under FREE)
– Resort features more than 275 skiable acres and a vertical drop of 750′
– Two-nights lodging
– Unlimited skiing from 4 p.m. the day of arrival until 7 p.m. the day of departure
– Indoor activities (bowling, skating, miniature golf, etc.)
– Valid January 2 – March 28, 2012 (excluding holidays)
Raystown Lake Region
Wildwood Chalet & Cottage Winter Getaway*
– Rent two-nights get the third night FREE
– Great for a romantic sojourn or enjoying the proximity to snowshoeing or cross country skiing on the – – Allegrippis Trails
– Offer good January-March 2012
State College Region
Penn State Winter Sports Weekend Getaways * (priced per person, double occupancy)
– Tickets to your choice of Penn State winter sports events (based on availability)
– One or two-night accommodations and breakfast
– Available weekends throughout January/February/March 2012
– The Alleghenies: The Alleghenies Tourism Council is a partnership of organizations interested in further developing the tourism industry and economic development opportunities in an eight county region in Southcentral Pennsylvania. The Council works under the umbrella of the Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission, a non-profit economic development agency. For more information on The Alleghenies, call 1-800-458-3433 or visit www.TheAlleghenies.com.
*Packages may have limited availability or blackout dates, please check the corresponding websites for additional details.
SOURCE The Alleghenies Tourism Council